View Single Post
Old 24-08-2019, 18:19   #1693
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Amazon didn't bid more than Sky did for 2016-19, that's self evident from the fact they didn't win. I don't need a digital marketing blogger to explain that to me, it's observable fact on it's own.

So you're accepting that the Amazon business model is 'make or break' on the 5% of the country that don't yet have the option of superfast speeds? I'm not convinced that's going to give the returns on £6bn of investment that they would want to see.
I think you are missing something somewhere, jfman.

The fact that our fast broadband coverage has improved and continues to improve is adequate reason for the streamers to become interested.

Amazon decided to bid for the least attractive package to test the waters.

The returns on investment would be made the same way as Sky and BT are making them. They recoup the money from football subscriptions but also by drawing more people into the Prime service. Selling on selected matches to other channels will also add to the financial yield.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote