View Single Post
Old 24-08-2019, 16:55   #1692
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
It's because fast broadband coverage is improving that streamers will be more interested in providing sports by that method. That should be self evident...

'Amazon felt they couldn't'! I did not see that reported anywhere. What Amazon did was to purchase those 'bargain basement rights' to test it out first. I'm sure that they will be pawing over the results with great interest.
Amazon didn't bid more than Sky did for 2016-19, that's self evident from the fact they didn't win. I don't need a digital marketing blogger to explain that to me, it's observable fact on it's own.

So you're accepting that the Amazon business model is 'make or break' on the 5% of the country that don't yet have the option of superfast speeds? I'm not convinced that's going to give the returns on £6bn of investment that they would want to see.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote