View Single Post
Old 24-08-2019, 16:11   #1690
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Well, Sky and BT think it's worth it, don't they?

A football only option would be provided at the price Amazon thought was appropriate, but with Prime, they could get the football subsription cheaper The point, of course, would be to make money, either directly from the football subscription, or both directly and by encouraging sales with Prime.

Just to clarify, the reduced football subscription would be paid on top of the £79pa Prime subscription, just in case you are under any misapprehension about that.

And I repeat, the fact that Amazon haven't taken the plunge into Premiership rights so far does not mean they never will. Broadband coverage is improving and has been given a further boost by the Johnson government. I haven't a clue why you don't find that to be significant.
Ah back to the Sky/BT can do it... anyone can line. Again - despite the value of the rights dropping last time Amazon felt they couldn't.

Superfast broadband coverage is already at 95%, as I've asked before, is the Amazon business model going to be so precarious that the 5% will make or break it? If so, we won't see a bid blowing anyone out the water. Boris Johnson has made a statement, with no financial commitment at this stage, and no solutions offered to the letter ISPA sent him.

If the reduced football price is for those who already have Prime, who exactly are they football only to? Everyone would opt for the Prime version. I'm not convinced you've thought this through, but then again, I doubt that surprises you.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote