View Single Post
Old 24-08-2019, 13:38   #1682
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
The rights are £5bn. Of course Amazon will want to blow Sky out the water in a blind auction. Plus return a profit to shareholders. Six is the least they'd require in revenue, not accounting for VAT.

Far from being no argument at all it's proof that Amazon don't believe the economic model exists where they can make profits on it! They're experts in business after all as you keep reminding me.
Exactly, the rights are £5bn. I never said Amazon would offer Premiership football for free if they won the rights. Yet again, you have twisted what I have said.

I had in mind a discount for Prime subscribers, say, a tenner a month. They would make that money up through increased retail sales, selling on the rights to show certain matches on other outlets, etc.. I am really surprised that you cannot see the opportunities here.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote