View Single Post
Old 20-09-2018, 20:59   #3
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: Conor McGregor vs Khabib Nurmagomedov - UFC 229

No real build up to it. I thought McGregor would force Khabib into a punching contest he couldn't win but that's not the case. I'm finding it really hard to see why McGregor wanted this fight and in such fashion given McGregor has beaten people with just his mouth. He has no incentive to take it financially either.

If Khabib stands toe to toe he'll get slaughtered. He's been rocked by way less and McGregor will absolutely put his lights out. As you've said, if Khabib is hell bent on taking it to the floor then I can't envisage a win for McGregor. With that being said, undoubtedly Khabib will be boo'd and he'll forever be tagged with the label that he sat on him for 5 rounds because he was scared to trade shots.

I'd weigh slightly towards Khabib because I think we'll be going down the takedown route. However it has very Aldo feel about it and Khabib could find his title taken away with a single punch.

Obviously it's MMA. Not boxing. However there's a load of negativity building behind Khabib at the minute. It's a spectator sport. If he sits on someone every single time you're eventually going to lose the fans.