View Single Post
Old 02-12-2019, 16:02   #1182
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Linear is old tech - on demand is the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
I'm not saying that it's troublemaking to scrutinise anything, what I am saying is that you nit pick every little thing that he posts, imo he has provided links from experts in the industry, which suggest that what he predicts will eventually come to fruition, also, what's outlandish about what he has provided links to? Have you come up with any evidence on the contrary?

---------- Post added at 15:31 ---------- Previous post was at 15:25 ----------

I don't disagree with that, Den, there's good debate, and then there's debate offered by others, which, quite frankly brings nothing to the debate apart from arguing and causing trouble, my opinion of course....
Where are these links from experts? I see plenty of opinion pieces from digital marketing blogs, online polling from a VPN provider, and similar.

There’s presently no plans to switch off DTT. Analogue switch off took 14 years. Eutelsat are planning to renew their orbital fleet at 13 degrees east for a further 15 years.

Remember it’s not that I’m denying streaming will be huge. I’m denying that linear scheduled broadcasting reduces to zero in the timeframe OB suggests. Viewers have been able to avoid linear for years with on demand and DVRs if they really wanted to. Yet, they still watch it.

The consumer behaviour change required would need state intervention to enforce it.

Round and round we go...