View Single Post
Old 28-10-2019, 13:01   #6647
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Lose interest in, yes, “grow out of” ... no. If it has anything to do with age, it’s likely down to the rigidity of thinking that more often afflicts older people than younger (though by no means exclusively). In the case of complex, multi-layered sci-fi/fantasy of the kind being made for Disney by Lucasfilm and Marvel, it is certainly the case that a lack of imagination would hinder their enjoyment.
Ha ha, that's funny! I was into Star Trek - Voyager and Deep Space 9 until about 20 years ago, but they look tired and dated now. I still enjoy well-made modern films about space. So rigidity of thinking it certainly isn't!

Cartoons I used to love when I was younger, but again, watching stuff like Tom and Jerry is like going back a very long way - it is such a tired format now.

I still see modern animations such as Coco with my grandsons, and they are very well done and quite entertaining. But I wouldn't watch them on my own. I have, literaaly, 'grown out' of that type of entertainment, which is, after all, aimed at children and young adults.