Thread: US Timeline Star Trek: Discovery
View Single Post
Old 17-10-2020, 21:21   #397
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Star Trek: Discovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Watched it last night and really enjoyed it. I only wish they’d thought of doing a far-future series from the outset rather than crapping all over TOS continuity and then having to write their way out of an avoidable mess. That said, they did a good repair job last season and they have alighted on the far-future idea, even though they have done so as a way or explaining away the TOS and NexGen era’s total ignorance of all things Discovery.

I was pleasantly surprised by the final twist this week. Save the Space Whale (or whatever it was) was very NexGen. Also loved seeing one of Morn’s distant descendants show up. Little continuity nods like that show that the showrunners know there’s a fan base out there whose opinion and enjoyment of the thing does actually count for something.

If played well, a committed starfleet crew dealing with the death of the federation could make for genuinely compelling storytelling.
Old flag vs 3148 flag...

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg E1834E4A-6EF3-4282-B5DB-A5C84119738E.jpeg (17.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpeg D08F1C29-9110-4DD0-9BA7-20EAE3409E19.jpeg (21.8 KB, 52 views)
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote