Thread: US Timeline Star Trek: Discovery
View Single Post
Old 15-08-2016, 19:34   #45
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Star Trek: Discovery (2017)

I am surprised they are doing this tbh because I think part of the reason why Enterprise failed was the period it was set in and the lack of technology. I loved the stories in Enterprise where they were developing phasers, shields and photo torpedoes because you know what the end result is going to be but that being said, it isn't for everyone. It is like watching a cowboy film where you think "if they had P90's, a couple of Apache helicopters and A10s they would be sorted". A lot of the time in Enterprise when they faced with impending doom I would remember a technical solution from something like Voyager and sigh in frustration thinking "they can't do that yet".

I am sure I am going to enjoy it but I do wish they would do one based in the future and/or on the Relativity. It would give them a completely blank canvas for new worlds and aliens, technology and endless story opportunities.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote