Thread: US Timeline Star Trek: Discovery
View Single Post
Old 19-07-2016, 11:15   #33
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: New Star Trek series in 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
... and on the usual alternative outlets shortly thereafter, no doubt ...
V true..

My posts on here make me look quite anti Netflix, and they do have their faults, I still find their recommendations at best, laughable, and they do tend to overhype their shows, which tends to put me off shows that I might otherwise like, as I get sick of hearing about them. Also, their shows are generally, but not always, good or excellent. I genuinely not anti Netflix, or anti Amazon Prime Video. I have subscriptions to both, and go through phases where I make a lot of use of both.

The only real complaint I have about Netflix is that they don't allow downloads. It's all well and good saying people can stream the programmes, but we don't have 100% mobile coverage, and are not likely to ever. For instance, despite repeated complaints, the mobile coverage from pretty much all the networks on my train home is variable to say the least. I'd love to be able to download episodes (or films) on my home Wifi, or at work, then play them on the train. The other reason for downloading via Wifi is simple. I have limited data. OK, so it's a high limit, but it's still there.

I am looking forward to Star Trek. There seems to be a good team behind it, and I'm hoping they are allowed to do pretty much what they want without corporate interference. I don't know if Netflix are co-producing the series (they do seem to be doing this increasingly), but if they are, they don't seem to interfere with the production. Orphan Black, for instance, hasn't changed much since Netflix came on board as a co producer with BBC America.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote