View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 14:40   #13424
Rchivist
Inactive

Rchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of Quads
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by phormwatch View Post
Now that Phorm gaining a higher profile amongst the business community, it would be a really good time to finish this:

http://business-openletter.blogspot.com/

We could refer business users to the blog.

...but it needs to be finished. If anyone is willing to do so, please email/pm me with the text.
What more were you wanting to add? Apart from the "details to follow" about webmaster tools (see Dephormation.org.uk) it looks very good to me.

I'd like to see links to the inphormationdesk site and also the Alternative Webwise FAQ site because I think they are great for newcomers.

The key message for the webmasters is

Google sends traffic and customers to your site
Webwise steals data and customers from your site

The value of putting it like that is it sweeps the legs out from under Kent Ertugruls constant complaints about google being "much worse" than Phorm/Webwise, and also sweeps the legs out from under BT's claim that all they need to do to infer informed consent from webmasters is see whether they allow Google to crawl their site.

Of course that's their line. They know that very few webmasters interested in visitors will ever ban google. So they get access for Webwise.

It doesn't include all the complicated copyright arguments, because although I agree with those, and want them highlighted, explaining them takes AGES (or would if I understood them myself - I leave that to dephormation.org.uk - who is doing a great job on them).