View Single Post
Old 10-09-2011, 13:17   #8
fudge
Inactive

fudge is on a distinguished roadfudge is on a distinguished road
Re: internet connection problems

Still have problems , came home from work on thursday and a message was on my answer phone saying many people in my area have complained of the same problem so engineers are working on it and this may be my problem so my appointment is now cancelled .
I phoned to say no i will cancelle if my problem gets fixed , to be told we have allready given someone else your appointment . so an engineer was then booked to come to me on monday night between 4-7 and the guy said its a good idea if i have a new modem as mine is getting old .
Today sat. i phoned to see what time my modem may come and also confirmed the monday appointment to be told virgin have again cancelled and now booked again for tuesday eve .
Anyway in the meentime my new wifi modem has arrived i phoned to get it acctivated then got put through to a tech . who has got me connected to the net. ( so far no dissconections ) but am unable to connect wifi .
My wifi light is on but i have a message at the bottom of my screen telling the LAN wifi card is dissconected so unable to go wirsless . i was on phone for an hour to the tech and we checked my wifi updates are ok . So dont know if its a coincidence that my card has gone down .
My son has a wifi laptop but his at work today so i will get him to try his later . If he cant connect wifi what could be the problem . The tech guy said alls well from there end to my home. And to get my LAN card checked by a computer shop.
I dont know if the engineer if he comes on tuesday will be able to help.
fudge is offline   Reply With Quote