View Single Post
Old 26-06-2019, 16:02   #5226
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
I also agree about Rocketman. I went to see it out of curiosity. Not really expecting to like it much (not a massive fan of Musicals in film, they tend to feel like the music is forced into the story). It was a film I probably wouldn't have bothered with had I not had an Unlimited card and had to pay for the ticket.
Yeah. With musicals it depends on the type. A jukebox musical is designed to fit music into a narrative structure and in these cases the story will typically pause for the song. Something like Les Miserables will advance the story though music instead, i.e the music serves the story.

Quote:
I love Bohemian Rhapsody, but I felt that was more a celebration of the music, and that the life story of Freddie was glossed over a little bit. Particularly the substance abuse (which was barely mentioned). Remember, Kenny Everett described Freddie Mercury as a man who burned the candle at both ends, and in the middle. You don't get to party to the extent without taking a ton of (probably illegal) drugs..
Yeah I thought Rhapsody was essentially an excuse to play Queen songs. Rocketman did better at telling the overall story and in that sense the music served it better, such as the way the song Rocket Man itself was used to quick skim through part of the story.

If you took the songs out then Rocketman would make a better film.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote