View Single Post
Old 26-06-2019, 11:13   #5225
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
As with Rocketman, above, I went to see John Wick because I had an Unlimited card, and had a couple of hours spare, so I popped into the nearest cinema and watched it. I probably wouldn't have bothered had I had to pay for the ticket (I know I do via the fee for the Unlimited card, but I'd paid that anyway). I saw John Wick 2. I thoroughly enjoyed it, although there was a lot I didn't understand, not having seen the first one. I have since seen all three, and I think style wise they are very reminiscent of the original Robocop, and Total Recall. In fact, I think had Paul Verhoeven carried on making that style of film until today, what he produced today would likely be very much like the John Wick series of films. Maybe more satirical, but similar.
The thing which I love about the John Wick films is that each one is unique and different in terms of the story and action to justify the films existence (rather than just a rehash of the same thing) but they are also part of a greater story. Unlike the Fast franchise where each film is pretty much standalone but with the same cast, the John Wick franchise is more like Star Wars where each film is different but is part of one big story and each film continues the story. I think they deserve to be more successful than they have been and I am just glad they continue to make more. Given the surprisingly low production budgets one could given the profit margins that they are actually more lucrative than many films with higher budgets. The amount of money they have made from John Wick 3 would pay for another 6 films.

John Wick 1: Production budget $20m, lifetime gross $88m
John Wick 2: Production budget $40m, lifetime gross $172m
John Wick 3: Production budget $40m, lifetime gross $290m

The good news is that whilst looking for that info I have just discovered they have already green lit John Wick 4 and it is penned for a May 2021 release date.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote