View Single Post
Old 21-04-2008, 23:34   #1
info4u
Inactive

info4u is on a distinguished roadinfo4u is on a distinguished road
Broadband speeds & Copyright 3 Strikes

Ok I feel this is a terrible level of service I am getting recently from Virgin Media on the broadband

Now 98% of the time I have no issues,
Mainly because I am at work during the day, come home and use Facebook and MSN so nothing really that demands high bandwidth

Might occasionally play on the PS2 online or watch some videos of youtube (13MB of data for a 15 min video for instance as its FLV format)

However getting to the point, they have stated the 3 strikes on illegal downloads and yoru off the system, they also claim to have suitable speeds for live streaming

Some say,
Well if I cannot download movies etc illegally why have a broadband service

Well you can still watch live streaming legally
Paid video downloads of websites
Live TV Streaming (www.wwitv.com for instance)
Live radio (www.di.fm for instance) so forth

So you can still get a legal version of live streaming without copyright infringement.

However they once advertised it as being suitable for video streaming
I tried watching Pushing Daisies which I missed the first 2 episodes but people have been talking about it at work so I thought id watch it online direct from the ITV website

http://www.itv.com/CatchUp/Video/def...5&Filter=17732

5 Mins of streaming took 20 mins to watch because my modem keept cutting off and loosing connection, not just with the ITV website but as a whole with this site it took 3 attempts to get this page to show

So not being able to watch it LEGALLY makes me more tempted to go to piratebay (no link supplied) or other illegal download sites and download the content to watch without it being spoiled

As I feel the first part of it was spoiled by me having to watch 3 mins, pause for connection for 3-5 mins, another 2 mins then pause for another 5 mins so on

It made it pointless and a poor experiance at live streaming, not only this but tedious and flustrating

You cannot technically report it as a fault because there is connection there, its just not enough for all their customers.

So I called customer services and reported it
So at the end of the month when they pull their stats off to see what customers have complained about there will be 1 more to the list of SLOW CONNECTION

And I suggest you call in on this and do the same

DONT YELL at the advisor

Working in call centres and having worked for them once, it causes the agent to be more put off helping you than wanting to help, never the less they will still log it as its their job plus lets face it, the agents at the other end of the phone cannot correct the slow connection for people, they can send a refresh signal and temporary boost signal but its not a permanent fix.

So talk calmly, report the issue and the guys above will pick up on it and will have to act and prioritise the problem when they have X amount of complaints coming thought about that

I also mentioned there trying to get publicity with the 3 stikes and yoru out
What they spent probably the best half of 2 months thinking up the system
and yet I can go to www.VDownloader.es download that programme and I can then download music videos, and any other video directly from YOUTUBE
a website they will not monitoring and not capable of detecting it as high bandwidth use as the files always tend to be at about 1.5MB to 3MB at a time

Thats 20 seconds max download time
info4u is offline   Reply With Quote