View Single Post
Old 24-05-2004, 09:48   #111
Nugget
Inactive

Services: Will provide gags for cash
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Re: Rate the last movie you saw...

Had a bit of a film-fest this weekend (and still found time to watch the FA Cup Final and the Grand Prix!)

Got three films from the video shop:

SWAT - enjoyable potboiler if completely predictable. Colin Farrell doing his thing and Samuel L being Samuel L - nothing wrong with that! 7 / 10.

Stuck on You - quite funny in places, but not up to the Farrelly Brothers usual standard. The funny bits ARE very funny though. 6 / 10/

Paycheck - though this was really good! I know that Ben Affleck has his knockers (insert gag here ), but I thought he was very convincing, and Uma Thurman was good as well (especially considering that, in one review, it said that she did nothing but hover in the background). Oh, and it's good to see that John Woo can get his dove into every single film he makes! 8/10

We also went to the pictures and saw Troy - absolutely fantastic. Ignoring the fact that most of us already know the story, Wolfgang Peterson has really set it up well and the fight scenes are excellent. At just over two-and-a-halfs hours long, it's a bit of a bum-number, but I'd definitely go and see it again. 10 / 10

Roll on The Day After Tomorrow!
Nugget is offline   Reply With Quote