View Single Post
Old 15-12-2021, 23:41   #5545
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Spider-man: No Way Home: 10/10

Well well well, what an amazing surprise. My expectations were high for this film but they were blown out of the water. The trailers made the film look good but they barely scratched the surface and didn't give anything away at all.
I will go so far as to say that all the anger and frustration we expressed when Marvel and Sony had their falling out over $$$ was worth it because they have paid it all back with interest. The storytelling in this film is just absolute genius. You may have been wondering since Endgame if the MCU was going to slowly fade away with the established big characters like Iron Man, Thor and Captain America having left and this being Spider-man's last film but once again they have raised it to a whole new level and when you compare it to Eternals which is the most recent release you just can't believe they are part of the same franchise. This film is a testament to what you can achieve when you collaborate, work together and want to make magic.

I can't really say anything without giving things away but there is a lovely surprise quite early on in the film and later on there are two moments when everyone in my screen spontaneously erupted with cheer and applause. It felt like I was in an American cinema.

The post credit scenes are always fun to watch but out of all the ones we have had I would say the two at the end of this film are the most exciting and on par with Infinity War. They are an absolute must see.

In summary, the extremely high standards you expect from Marvel, fantastic comedy, action, visual effects, story telling on a whole new level, several jaw dropping moments and you honestly come away from the film say "I want more now now now". This is what we have been missing and looking forward to for the last 2 years.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote