Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 14-06-2021, 11:18   #5819
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbxx View Post
I looked back at the conditions for the grand reopening and how they kit with where were are now. Here's my take;
  1. Vaccination programme continues to go to plan - We seem to be steady going but clearly, the more we have vaccinated the better
  2. Evidence shows vaccines are reducing deaths and numbers requiring hospital treatment - weak but growing stronger evidence
  3. Infection rates do not risk surge in hospital admissions - hospitalisations are going up in the worst hit regions. The big question is by how much as we are still on the upwards curve
  4. New variants do not change the risk of lifting restrictions - Unfortunately, the Delta variant came along a little late in the day so this we're not sure about
What's your conclusion, Jon? Mine would be to err on the side of caution given the outward spread of the variant. I would have thought that in these circumstances, at least 70% double dosed population would provide the cover needed to lift restrictions. I suspect that was always the plan/hope, let down by vaccine availability.

My advice is at your risk.

Last edited by Sephiroth; 14-06-2021 at 11:55.