View Single Post
Old 26-08-2020, 09:22   #3267
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Will Scotland Leave the UK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Old Boy please cease from misrepresenting my views. You, and many others, spoke strongly against the spectre of a Corbyn Government due the risk to capital flight following tax increases. Saying it lowers tax revenues overall.

I’ve proposed Scotland do the opposite, promoting inward investment and higher overall revenues as a result. Are you saying capital flight is a myth? You simply cannot have it both ways.

You are either lying to left wing voters, Scotland or my suspicion to both as it suits your needs and ideology.

Why would a company not relocate to Edinburgh with lower wages, lower corporation tax, and lower property costs in an independent Scotland?

As always your points are contradictory nonsense trying to get a rise out of others.

There are at least some forum members trying to make a considered case for the Union.
You're a fine one to talk about misrepresenting views! What I said was that The Sturgeon's left-wing SNP government would not sit easily with a tax reduction for business.

Of course I agree that lowering taxes for business and the rich encourages investment and I have never said otherwise.

I am beginning to think that you are forever disagreeing because you read something and you interpret it as meaning the opposite. With Scottish independence, I am merely saying that the figures simply do not add up, and given the political stance of the SNP, I cannot understand why they think they can make it work.

Yes, I am sure there are solutions, but like the Venezualan government, they would find it unpalatable to grasp them. Not that I am saying they compare with the Venezualan government, of course.

In any future independence campaign, the opponents of separation need to ram home the fact that there is no economic argument for Scottish independence that would be acceptable to the SNP. That's why they don't want to talk about it.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote