View Single Post
Old 25-08-2020, 20:14   #3264
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
Re: Will Scotland Leave the UK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Old Boy please cease from misrepresenting my views. You, and many others, spoke strongly against the spectre of a Corbyn Government due the risk to capital flight following tax increases. Saying it lowers tax revenues overall.

I’ve proposed Scotland do the opposite, promoting inward investment and higher overall revenues as a result. Are you saying capital flight is a myth? You simply cannot have it both ways.

You are either lying to left wing voters, Scotland or my suspicion to both as it suits your needs and ideology.

Why would a company not relocate to Edinburgh with lower wages, lower corporation tax, and lower property costs in an independent Scotland?

As always your points are contradictory nonsense trying to get a rise out of others.

There are at least some forum members trying to make a considered case for the Union.
Seeing as the SNP, Labour, and the Lib Dems are all in favour of increases in corporation tax, then talking about the benefits of lower taxes is a bogus argument. Anyway we're not talking about a few million extra or even a few hundred million extra, we're talking about several billion. If somehow lower wages, corporation tax, and property costs were the complete solution, then why are parts of the UK still not very great economically?
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote