View Single Post
Old 25-08-2020, 20:03   #3263
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Will Scotland Leave the UK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Just for a start, then, where's the money coming from to replace the Barnett formula, declining North Sea oil revenues, the cost of setting up all those new government departments, the contribution to NATO, the loss lf industry back to England? That's a lot of expense (and that isn't the half of it), and other than jfman's solution to tax the hell of of....someone... and tax breaks for business (so out of character for the SNP) I really do not see any light at the end of that tunnel for the Scots - in fact, the tunnel will get even darker.

Ordinary Scots will really pay the price for separation, and I dare say the English will get the blame for that as well!

I want to see Scotland remain in the UK because we are all stronger for it, but Scotland going it alone under an SNP government risks reducing them to third world status.
Old Boy please cease from misrepresenting my views. You, and many others, spoke strongly against the spectre of a Corbyn Government due the risk to capital flight following tax increases. Saying it lowers tax revenues overall.

I’ve proposed Scotland do the opposite, promoting inward investment and higher overall revenues as a result. Are you saying capital flight is a myth? You simply cannot have it both ways.

You are either lying to left wing voters, Scotland or my suspicion to both as it suits your needs and ideology.

Why would a company not relocate to Edinburgh with lower wages, lower corporation tax, and lower property costs in an independent Scotland?

As always your points are contradictory nonsense trying to get a rise out of others.

There are at least some forum members trying to make a considered case for the Union.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote