View Single Post
Old 24-12-2017, 20:55   #64
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Episode 8)

Excellent, excellent film. Very well made, and a thoughtful piece as well, which explores issues that have previously been taken for granted in the Star Wars universe, such as the interface between destiny and self-determination. Does history inevitably repeat itself? If the Force chooses you, what can you do about it? In many ways it’s summed up by what I think is my favourite line in the entire film, which challenges so many of the assumptions we bring to a Star Wars film. Probably going to misquote it as I’ve only seen it once (so far), but here goes nothin’:

Spoiler: 
Kylo Ren, to Rey: “You have no place in this story. You're nobody. But not to me...”

Oh and I also love that we got to see Ben Kenobi’s wise saying about points of view played out in the three retellings of the story of Luke and Ben Solo.

Just brilliant. I’m looking for excuses to go again before the holidays are over.

Last edited by Chris; 24-12-2017 at 21:01.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote