View Single Post
Old 18-07-2018, 13:45   #4423
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
I've said before (perhaps in this thread) that I believe in the end, there will be a core group of broadcast channels. Most of the sat/cable pay channels will wither away and then there will be about three or four main streamers.

300+ channels is not sustainable and have streaming too. People can only watch so much television, something has to give.
I used to think that, too, but reading about what industry experts and commentators have been saying, observing what is actually happening and seeing how everything has advanced in recent times, I now question whether any broadcast conventional channels will survive at all.

I thought maybe the BBC and sports channels might survive when first considering what might happen, but with the BBC indicating that they are contemplating the demise of traditional channels 15 years hence, and with streaming issues gradually getting sorted out, I now think they will all go. More and more people will prefer watching on demand to watch what they want, when they want, and more and more people will get fed up wasting their lives watching endless commercials.