View Single Post
Old 26-02-2018, 20:13   #33
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Strange speeds this morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveeb View Post
I wonder who the lucky 18% are who get better than that
well spotted. That makes me think that speedtest.net is reporting an incorrect result to the user because as you can see below my significantly slower speed is faster than 98% of the population which makes sense. What doesn't make sense is that nearly one in five people (1/5) have a connection greater than 600mbits. It is more likely that kabaal is getting around the 150mbits mark and it is being mis-reported some how. I know last year they were doing fttp trials in some remote village up north where they were getting gigabit speed but that has got to be less than 0.1% of the population.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabaal View Post
I think they use the upload speed as part of the "faster than" thing.
possibly but that wouldn't account for the 82%, if anything I would expect it to be significantly less. I know plenty of people who are on Openreach 76/20 (or equivalent from another isp) so your 6mbits up pales in comparison and definitely wouldn't be faster than four out of five users. 6mbits up and 82% faster than everyone else actually sounds like a 100/6 connection.

Last edited by General Maximus; 26-02-2018 at 20:23.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote