View Single Post
Old 20-01-2020, 20:11   #54
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Re: M1000 is available. How to order?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
Kush is pressing me and I don’t want to dodge! His underlying question is well founded. My instinct is that in the lifetime of the AX11000 router at my house, and with the possibility of full fibre roll-out and associated speed competition, then2.5Gig port will eventually come into useful play. I’ve had the AC68U for nearly 4 years and look what’s happened to speeds in that elapsed period. Naturally I would have to upgrade my PC equipment, but that’s all part of the fun.
Ah, so simply future proofing then! I can get behind that.

Though I'd sooner hold onto my money until routers with all 2.5G ports (not just the WAN) become more common. Ideally 5G or 10G.

My PC has a 10G port on it, but there isn't even a reasonably priced consumer switch that I would buy to take advantage of it.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote