View Single Post
Old 12-12-2019, 21:57   #173
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Election 2019 - Week 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
The other 'stronger' rumours (i.e they're tweeted by actual political hacks rather than random accounts) is Labour's vote strong in London but collapsing everywhere else.
Labour has, belatedly, picked a side on Brexit. Unfortunately for them it’s the wrong side. I think they’re about to find out that just enough of their support in the rest of England and Wales was prepared to vote Tory to get Brexit done - similar, though not on the same scale, as Thatcher’s victory in 1979, once the country, including sufficient natural Labour supporters, was sufficiently sick of the instability of the previous 3 years.

Polls suggest they’re dead as a dodo in Scotland, which unfortunately is most likely to disproportionately benefit the SNP given how marginal so many seats are. Even if the Tories increase their vote by a few hundred in the seats they hold, in most of them the SNP only has to increase its vote by a few hundred and one to win. And I think those disaffected Scottish Labour voters who haven’t voted Tory yet, aren’t very likely to do so now.

---------- Post added at 21:57 ---------- Previous post was at 21:13 ----------

The exit poll is open! https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...php?t=33708500