View Single Post
Old 08-07-2008, 13:10   #14
BexTech
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media Cable TV (1TB Tivo) & Net, 120cm motorized satellite system.
BexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really nice
Re: recieving texts as voice not text

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken View Post
Ah, well that explains why I can't get SMS to work on my fancy new phone.

All of which begs the questions of a) how do they get away with advertising it on the website, and b) do I return the phone and get the cheaper model without SMS, or get rid of VM's phone line and go for one that actually does what it says its supposed to.

Hmmmm...
Probably best to go to BT for line rental (£30 install) and CPS calls to Primus Saver 2 and add on Penny Mobile, means you get evening and weekend calls for no extra cost over the £10.50 BT line rental (DD & Paperless) and calls to UK mobiles for 20p for up to 20 mins. Caller Display is free via BTPrivacy, though 2 calls per month (6 per quarter if quarterly billing) chargeable / inclusive must go via BT otherwise they charge £1.75/month for caller display. If your calls go via another provider like Primus, simply prefix the call with 1280 and the call will go via BT. You can also use Call 18185 for other cheaper calls too.

Would be nice for cable to sort their phone system out, would be nice if they used the BT standard of caller display in all areas and not just one or two and offer Caller ID on waiting call.
BexTech is offline   Reply With Quote