View Single Post
Old 24-06-2008, 15:51   #9
Visitor
Inactive

Services: Broadband
Visitor is on a distinguished roadVisitor is on a distinguished road
Re: recieving texts as voice not text

Update

What a game, I rang VM who said that im lying that is until I gave them the web address, then it went very quite and was told he would ring me back.

8 days later, still no call, so I rang them again, this time passed all over the place, at one time saying I had a fault on the line, another hung up on me !

Then I got to speak to someone in Scotland, now the Scottish are known to be in the know, if there is any technical problem, they have the answer.

Unfortunately the person I spoke too, didn’t have a clue, and neither did his managers.

Well after a very long time on the phone, he gave up on me and said check the phone settings

So I rang BT (0800 022 3089) for the record and at first it was what can I do for you "Sir" but as soon as I said I was a VM customer, the tone of her voice changed, and all I got was the SMS is for BT customers only.

I've made a complaint with the advertisement authority, at least someone may either take down the page, or explain how it works.

The facts are, you got to register with the BT service, if you follow what's been said, you either send a SMS to a friend, or send ‘register’ to 00000

Try it, dial 00000 you will get nothing ! other than a tone that sounds like "bad number" as if you dialled voice mail with a wrong number.

IT DON’T WORK !

VM do not have a gateway to BT via 00000, and the incoming SMS messages via a 0845 number (call centre) wont work unless your on a BT line.

You would think by now with VM mobile phones, there would be something set up?

NOTHING

So that web link is nothing but garbage, it don’t exist, and I'm wondering if someone put the page up there just before he left VM

I'm convinced its nothing my end, as using two phones I am able to enter my pin, and send the SMS, got the timing right after a few goes, it dont work.

Next stop, a US robotics modem, just to prove its nothing my end

Edit:
Found Pause (hold arrow up)
Visitor is offline   Reply With Quote