View Single Post
Old 03-05-2008, 16:03   #1
m_attt
Inactive

m_attt is an unknown quantity at this point
recieving texts as voice not text

hi ive found theese forums usefull in the past but this time i cant find an answer so i thought id sign up and post for a change.

im in service area 18
i dont know if it is ex telewest or ex ntl as i signed up to virgin media, i have a @blueyonder.co.uk, email address if that helps.

my problem is with the text service,

i have:
a text enabled landline
caller id
and text register to 00000- were it rings me back saying "sorry there is a problem, please try later" or "contact your service provider"

i can send texts to people no problems but can only get them back as voice texts, ive checked service numbers and there correct (although in phone user guide it says bt numbers, but from searchs on the web it seems there for virgin too.) ive rung vm only to get passed from person to person and them all pretty much saying we dont have anything to do with this, even though there website says "sign up for VIRGIN media text" and " WE will charge you 10p p/t to your monthly VIRGIN bill. so it seems there happy to take the money and just pass the buck.

ive even tried bt like suggested by them but as i dont have a bt line or account theres nothing they can do, which seems fair enough.

can anyone shed some light on the matter, thanks in advance

matt
m_attt is offline   Reply With Quote