View Single Post
Old 09-08-2022, 09:37   #238
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
Re: Rising cost of living

We are also fortunate to own outright and have had a small windfall cash sum that we are putting aside. For us saving rate increases are a good thing but we are noticing inflationary pressures on prices and if "producers" are hit with higher expenses, which could also include borrowing, they do need to pass it on.
I do get annoyed that so many people that want government to keep out of the way in the good years demand intervention in hard times. The good years are the time to save and put resource away for the bad times. (I do appreciate there are those unable to to this, we do need to take care of those who need it.) You can't have the public purse not collecting but open to spend. We are in a situation at the moment exiting from a period of high expense (COVID especially) so the purses are less full and now more pressure.
I am sure though that there are many who are in the "haves" at the moment who are looking out for those in their communities who are in the "have nots". Maybe more should be reported about the local community helps and encouraging that than simply doom and gloom. Smaller groups and individuals can react faster and can also filter out those who sponge or know how to play the system that often cause larger/national groups delays and drain resource. Things could be so much simpler if rules didn't need to cover fraud etc.