View Single Post
Old 09-08-2022, 06:43   #234
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Rising cost of living

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
We arranged the mortgage on our new house in January and reserved the rate so we were able to take it up almost 6 months later when we were ready to move. Now, there’s nothing anything like as good as what we managed to secure. I’m really glad our house builder was slightly pushy about passing our details on to their favourite mortgage broker because we might have left it another couple of months otherwise.

We went for a slightly higher rate, 5-year fix rather than the more competitive 2 and 3 year deals that were available. And boy am I glad we did (actually wondering whether it would have been even better to take the 10-year fix they were offering). Hopefully 5 years from now we will have ridden out the worst of the crisis, although I’m under no illusions about the chances of mortgage rates ever again being as low as they have been.
Same. I purchased a flat at the start of the year but thankfully had the mortgage sown up late December. Fixed for 5 years. The base rate went up whilst the mortgage was being agreed so I got in just in time.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote