View Single Post
Old 08-08-2022, 21:56   #233
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Rising cost of living

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
My sister mortgage fixed term is up for renewal, I was talking to her and my BIL, they would have gone for 2 years, but due to China about to kick off they went for 3 years, and their bank is the best deal around.
We arranged the mortgage on our new house in January and reserved the rate so we were able to take it up almost 6 months later when we were ready to move. Now, there’s nothing anything like as good as what we managed to secure. I’m really glad our house builder was slightly pushy about passing our details on to their favourite mortgage broker because we might have left it another couple of months otherwise.

We went for a slightly higher rate, 5-year fix rather than the more competitive 2 and 3 year deals that were available. And boy am I glad we did (actually wondering whether it would have been even better to take the 10-year fix they were offering). Hopefully 5 years from now we will have ridden out the worst of the crisis, although I’m under no illusions about the chances of mortgage rates ever again being as low as they have been.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote