View Single Post
Old 17-07-2019, 22:54   #763
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
Re: Leadership who is the next PM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Your logic is faulty because you’re still using lazy tabloid shorthand rather than acknowledging constitutional reality.

Party members don’t choose prime ministers. Not ever. There is a whole process following the leadership election, requiring the advice of the sitting PM, the confidence of the Commons and the assent of the Monarch. Most often the elected leader becomes leader of the opposition anyway.

We don’t elect a leader, we elect a representative (not a deputy or delegate) who is charged with using their best judgment on our behalf for the following five years, etc etc etc etc
Again you choose to ignore the point I made and that was the hypocrisy of the process when compared to the rules set for the 2016 referendum, etc. I thought the point was a bloody obvious one .. others got it except you it seems.

Also, don't give me that pompous "Party members don’t choose prime ministers. Not ever." crap. Come back here in 2 weeks (ish) time and tell me that the person chosen by the (15 year old ) Tory Party membership is not the next Prime Minister.