View Single Post
Old 17-07-2019, 19:03   #759
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
Re: Leadership who is the next PM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
I do hope, Ian, that an intelligent bloke like you doesn't fall for the hyprocisy argument. You've carefully not positioned yourself on this.

Allowing people at age 16 to join a party and vote in its processes is not the same as voting in an election. The two leadership candidates are already MPs and there is no conflict of logic here.

Who said I wuz intelligent?

I am afraid I have a different perspective on this. Choosing the leader of our country has, in some ways, more significance that voting for your MP.

You might have one candidate who is proposing a significant change in the future direction of the country. You totally want the appropriate people to validate this decision.

If the Tories think you cannot vote for your MP at 15 then they should certainly not be able to decide the person who will make the most important policy decision for a generation or more.