View Single Post
Old 06-12-2003, 12:41   #91
gt94sss2
cf.member

gt94sss2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Want ADSL?-Read on....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAwesome
The confussing part for me was if Bulldog can offer a connection speed for Business (national exchanges) surely they can off you the same connection on home/residential service. it must be they can milk more money from this service from business than offering it to residential customers.
Its because of the way the traffic goes from the exchange to Bulldog.

BT Wholesale sell something called BT IPStream to ISP's which is available at:

512K and 1MB (50:1 contention) - basically "home" products
512K/1MB/2MB (20:1 contention) - business products etc

These are the ones virtually all ISP's use (24/7 etc) and are available nationally.

Then there is something called BT DataStream which lets the ISP choose what services and contention to offer (hence why Bulldog can offer Primetime and Tiscalli can offer 150K services) - however this is set up per ISP/exchange - hence its limited availability as its more expensive than IPStream below a certain number of users for that ISP per exchange.

As you will see BT IPStream doesn't offer 2MB at 50:1 which is what Alltime 2000 would be etc - while Bulldog can do it via their DataStream exchanges etc - in the same way Bulldog can't offer "time of day"/Primetime products on IPStream either.

However, Alltime 1000 at 50:1 is available on IPStream and hence available nationally (and its 40:1 if you are on a DataStream exchange ss Bulldog control it then)

Whichever service you choose, even the IPStream ones - your contontention ratios are actually a lot less than the quoted figures

Quote:
I wonder if you will get anything if everyone who accesses the link and filled in the required information and quoted your referal code in the section Where did you hear about Bulldog? part
lol - you mean bdol 87431 ?

In theory, yes I am supposed to get something - though I have referred a couple of friends in the past and not received anything yet so will have to chase that up at some stage..

Unfortunately, the person joining doesn't get anything but I think thats the way Pipex's scheme worked as well (:
gt94sss2 is offline   Reply With Quote