View Single Post
Old 02-05-2022, 09:13   #10880
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Not if you look at their levels of debt.

Whether you are persuaded or otherwise is irrelevant. The low cost streaming future has been shown up as a sham.
The levels of debt accrued by Netflix has arisen through the sheer number of original programming they have made available on the service. Once they are satisfied that they have a good enough library, that level of spending will inevitably decrease, and they will also find innovative ways of increasing revenue.

The 'low-cost streaming future' is not a sham at all. The price will increase, sure, but you will no longer need to pay for any TV channels to companies like VM and Sky in the future because you will get all the content you want from the streamers, and you can access them through your smart TV. No need to get a TV box at all.

I can see that as a sport-lover, you are miffed by the number of streamers you need to pay for to watch a variety of sport, but as I said earlier, the fragmentation of sports programming was already occurring on the TV channels. I suspect that over time, sport will be available on fewer streamers due to the cost, reversing that trend.