View Single Post
Old 28-03-2018, 14:37   #595
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
Sounds like VM is the same as Sky - never release known error list (that way you can deny knowledge of errors when customers ring up)

Why can't companies be honest,

1) have a centralised list of known bugs that people can view
2) indicate which are actively being worked on
3) indicate when a fix is being released - even if it is say 3-4 months
I can sympathise with that view - it would indeed be interesting, and if there was an annoying bug, you would at least see it on the list and know that it had been picked up.
However, the downside for Virgin Media would be that the usual suspects would be claiming compensation for problems they may otherwise not have noticed, when a fix is delayed, people would be ringing up to vent their spleens and complain about the delay to the original timetable, etc. I think VM believe that it is better not to say anything and hope that most of these problems won't even be noticed.

---------- Post added at 14:37 ---------- Previous post was at 13:22 ----------

ITV Encore cease broadcasting on 1 May. So that's one channel less on Sky that we don't have.

Its programming will then be available via On Demand and I understand that this will also be available to VM viewers. Whether this will be a separate app or whether the additional programming will be added to 'ITV Collections' on demand, I am not sure.

For those who have been following The Americans on ITV Encore, a new series of this starts on ITV 4 on Wednesday 4 April at 10pm.