Thread: Superhub Router advice
View Single Post
Old 16-01-2018, 09:50   #2
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Router advice

oh well, this is me being the better man, excerpts from
http://www.cableforum.uk/board/showt...#post35930062:

Quote:
At the end of the day the shub is a router and there are many settings which can be changed which can adversely affect a routers performance and/or cause it to drop its connection (not that it is doing this in this case). As with the advice above (and what I have said in another thread to someone who has the same problem as you) is if you don't want to be burdened by VM's silly little mistakes with their cheap ass routers then buy your own. Investing in a proper router will be one of the best things you ever spend your money on because you are investing in quality, performance and reliability for something which you use, enjoy and benefit from everyday. You aren't fooling yourself if you say "it isn't worth the money" because it is clearly is otherwise you wouldn't have taken the time and effort to moan on this forum.

I don't expect you to listen to a word I have said (and it looks like I was right) but for the benefit of anyone else you who is reading this post I highly recommend the following two options:

Asus AC1200 for £65

Asus AC68u for £135 (excellent future proofing)
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote