View Single Post
Old 28-09-2017, 15:43   #3729
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
We better get Chuck out methinks to search for him..
I'm still here, but puzzling about what on Earth I said to give you the impression that Netflix and Amazon would dominate the world!

What I have said is that the broadcast channels would be unable to get anywhere near as much content from US studios and would either have to produce more of their own originals or die.

Fox is doing the sensible thing and putting all its originals on to its own streaming service, as existing contracts permit. That is the way to go, but I also hope that such content is not exclusive forever because that disadvantages the viewer, who cannot be expected to subscribe to the many services that will develop over time.

---------- Post added at 15:43 ---------- Previous post was at 15:40 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Just no interest in another fire tv, quite happy with my android box which gives me everything i need including netflix.
I tend to dip in and out of amazon instant video.
Got a roku too but as i've stated in the past that's set for US channels.
Yes, the Roku does have rather a lot of US content, but then again it does I think have all the UK streaming services that are available, so I don't see what they can do about that.