View Single Post
Old 29-03-2018, 10:14   #1251
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Government & Post Election Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
You're misunderstanduing things to match your strong prejudices and this inefficiency is costing your members in wasted admin costs.This is your typical anti-EU Project Fear manifesting itself again Old Boy even if its subliminal.
GDPR is about protecting individuals from the state and corporations. Standing up for the little guy.
You put your privacy notice on your website, destroy data when it's not required and advise people why you need their data and the purpose it will be used for. I'm fully conversant with the ICO's stance on fines and it's very much a carrot approach not a stick one. It's a UK upgrade to better privacy and the ICO knows things won't be picture perfect on 25th May but they will be seeking good practice starting with large organisations not small clubs. All your costly gold-plating ane mail-outs neeeds a rethink and I urge you to seek advice before spending more unnecessary time and money on this.
Many small organisations don't have websites, Andrew, so they have to resort to printing and delivering door to door. You cannot deny with any credibility that we have to be able to prove consent, and this means we have to get people to accept in writing.

I am livid about this whole thing and I dare say that I have alerted people reading this thread to the insidious way in which EU bureaucracy is creeping into our lives, making innovation seem to be more trouble than it's worth.

It's not sticking up for the little guy. It's making life a misery for voluntary and charitable organisations, clubs and SMEs. The little guy gets bombarded with conditions every time he/she signs up for a service. I know for a fact that most people sign up without reading these terms because they are pages and pages long. All the bureaucracy achieves nowt.

Anyway, you are never going to admit that this is OTT, but I hope I have got my point across to others. And if anyone reading this finds that they may be affected by this because they hold personal data, don't just accept Andrew's soothing words. Don't be complacent - go to the ICO website and read it for yourself.