View Single Post
Old 04-08-2019, 17:06   #27
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: What's the Point of Sadiq Khan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaddy View Post
Whose decision was it to shut 12 miles of the most important roads the day before it started? Whose great idea was shutting of large parts weekend before last, it's a city not a velodrome, whose idea is the car free weekend in October. After a year of being bored in Essex I'm back now and looking forward to playing a small part in booting this attention seeking, inept mayor from office, it's amazing his approval ratings are so low considering all the playing to the crowd and pr he does
I don't know why they close it beforehand. Do you mean yesterday? Because the event takes place over the two days. The weekend before was the London Triathlon I think which I think has been happening longer than London Ride. The car free weekend was Khan's idea though.

My point being these things will continue. The long-term plan of the Mayor's office, though consecutive holders, and TFL has been to reduce car usage. Once Kahn has gone these roads will still be closed on these weekends. Paris is facing the same problems for example. Old European cities are struggling with polluting cars.

I think Kahn has been quite useless as Mayor but most of these road closers aren't him and will only increase as time goes on. Knife crime, housing and Crossrail are likely what'll hurt him. Whereas Trump's attacks only help him. He is also lucky the Tories seem to have chosen an idiot as their candidate.

Last edited by Damien; 04-08-2019 at 18:18.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote