View Single Post
Old 27-08-2019, 07:35   #1050
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Linear is old tech - on demand is the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Spot on, i'll bet most of them thought we'd never have the broadband speeds we have now, and as for Den, I'm sure he's convinced that black and white TV is miles better....
I fail to see the relevance of the broadband comparison. People are using more data in many different ways. Obviously, technology moves to fit and consumer behaviour. It's all just an evolution of internet.

What is being discussed here isn't comparable. A valid comparison would be a prediction that BT/Virgin and other existing suppliers would be replaced by many suppliers who aren't in the direct to home market yet because people would prefer to buy 4 or 5 different speed bundles and add them together to get 500 meg, than just buy it from Virgin.

Last edited by jfman; 27-08-2019 at 08:10.