View Single Post
Old 09-03-2008, 12:11   #865
lucevans
Inactive

lucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akia View Post
Thats a very selfish way to look at things. How do you think sites like this stay online, by ads. I make a point of clickin on a few ads now and again even if I've got no interest in them because I know for every time its a little more £ for the sites I use which helps keep them online.
If it's selfish to choose not to read/watch/listen to advertisements then I'm selfish.
I'm afraid that I don't agree with your view that advertising on the internet is a price worth paying for diversity. I wonder how much of this PR fiasco is due to the lack of understanding by an American businessman (Kent Ertugrul) of the differences between the American public's attitude to advertising and that of the UK public, where we have cherished, non-commercial institutions like the BBC? And before you start the "ah..but the BBC is licence-funded" argument: so is my Virgin media internet connection - to the tune of £37 a month!
You'll be calling us communists next