View Single Post
Old 09-03-2008, 11:46   #860
Florence
Inactive

Services: The wonders of Sky TV BT line and Aquiss.net ADSL cable dies on 5th RIP VM.
Florence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appeal
Florence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appeal
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhormUKPRteam View Post
I do not have that information in black and white in front of me so I have passed this over to Phorm.
Just what information have you got in black and white?
Any of the reports that Phorm say they have completed with results for security and protection of our data?
Results from any tests completed with happy customers remarks?
Why is this trialing in the UK instead of America who spend more money online than we do?

Quote:

To clarify,

Phorm can never know who you are or where you've browsed. All that is ever stored is a random number, advertiser categories eg sport or travel and a timestamp. Phorm technology cannot tie into the ISPs authentication systems or any other information the ISP holds on their subscriber.
Who will write the new scrpts once Phorm is in place?
Who will control the updating of servers?

In your present role as PR for Phorm just what expertise have you on understanding how scripts work on computers/servers and just how easy it is to update a script to grab more infroamtion from our computers without us knowinf once this goes live. Yes a quick script update could change the gathering od no data to knowing everything.
MPO this is too great a risk to hand over to a company with the background of this company.

Quote:

I will forward this to the tech team and get a full reply on this.
Could you also ask if I have this on my pc workign and visit ISPreview.co.uk who have some adverts for helping to pay the bills will these adverts be changed to more acceptable ones in Phorm's scripting or will I still see the ones that should be there?

Since I have an internet connection ( and until this brown stuff hit the fan was happy to stay) I dont search for ISPs but more computers, games cars and anything else that friends ask for help on so ISPreviews adverts for ISPs would change to more relevent ads?
Like3 stripping ISPr adds and putting up phorm adds that are from businesses who pay phorm to advertise them?

This from a a good friends who works for the press is really befitting the phorm way.

Quote:
Honestly, can't these guys not see why everybody is so concerned about Phorm, which is practically one step into the realm of legitimising Spyware.