View Single Post
Old 12-10-2019, 20:11   #2390
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: The state benefits system mega-thread.

I have not had to use the system, so I am not really in a position to comment on its effectiveness. I certainly do believe that it is the charlatans who are out to defraud that system who are responsible for the rigidity of the application of the legislation.

Although some may highlight the problems that certain individuals have experienced, there is much more of a story than immediately meets the eye in many of these cases. It our right, an absolutely right, to require that the claims made to justify benefits are properly scrutinised. After all, these people are benefiting from the taxes of hard working families, and it is not surprising that they resent subsidising the layabouts and fraudsters who are seeking to take advantage.

I want the authorities to come down very hard on them whilst protecting those whose claims are justified. I am more than a little disturbed by some of the reports I am picking up of claimants who are put through unreasonable medical examinations or other justifications to prove what should be obvious. That is where we should be looking to improve the system.

It is unfortunate indeed that there are people out there, more than many realise, who are quite happy to behave in this fraudelent way, thus ensuring that those who are genuinely in need are required to jump through hoops to justify their eligibility.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote