View Single Post
Old 13-05-2019, 22:42   #5274
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye View Post
I have recently been accepted onto the next Now TV trial, I am hoping it will be testing the new 1080P service.
I don't know too much about at it the moment apart from you have to have a Now TV device (smart box, stick or 4K box) and by Googling the name of the trial it appears to be something to do with video player software.

I would expect once it starts I will have to sign a NDA so wont be able to report what the new service is like,
but if not I'll try and give you guys and gals here a heads up on what its like.
Hopefully as well as the resolution they'll up the framerate of the sports channels too.
You might get a voice activated remote, which Comcast now issue to its subscribers. You may also get more search options, like you can find out what songs are being played in a film, as but one example. This is all Comcast stuff, that I expect will arrive at some point either with Now TV and/or Sky's full tv service.