View Single Post
Old 04-04-2008, 19:11   #2302
SMHarman
Inactive

Services: Cablevision
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by mart44 View Post
Did you read the interview in its entirety (see post 2184)? I don't think it will affect your feelings on the issue but in the interest of at least hearing the other side out maybe?
Yes I read it.
Input = All web browsing data
Process = analyse and code to target ad sector
Output = database of cookie code | ad sector | timestamp
Output = Decode and debug database

To an extent I am not concerned about the output, he is right the outputs are largely anonymised data of limited use to anyone but the software serving ads on the OIX opted in sites.

The concern and the piece they keep skirting around is whether the input is personal data and whether the process itself is illegal under RIPA.

The secondary concern is that while now they say we don't have catagories for pron and ed and diabeties and don't scan https that does not mean that they cannot it means the do not and in the future a change to the code could mean they do.

The royal mail / post office is not allowed to open my mail, BT, VM etc are not allowed to wiretap my phone line, conceptually this is the same.