View Single Post
Old 13-06-2019, 15:05   #84
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: BBC to scrap free licence fee for over-75s

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaddy View Post
The bbc agreed to its withdrawl, they even said they came out on top of the negotiations
It was a condition of the Royal charter renewal. They knew they wouldn't be able to afford it obviously which is why 'it was up to them' if they continue it. They essentially decided to take the blame for the cut rather than the government as the price of charter renewal. The Government and the BBC knew what has happening.

---------- Post added at 15:05 ---------- Previous post was at 14:55 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
What gets up my nose is you don't even get a chance to get near to 75 before they take it away,it was in my grasp only 12 years away ,i could smell the freebeeness on the wind,they won't win i'll get my revenge haaa haaa haa [strokes the cat] and snarls at the TV like a rabid dog.
Same with students who missed the cut before the fees increased to £3,000 or a few years later the next batch of students who missed out on the fees before they increased to £9,000.

(In case anyone was wondering I was in the last year in which fees were £1,300 )
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote