View Single Post
Old 22-02-2018, 20:56   #225
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: One or two new channels coming to Freesat.

I'm sure they will eventually sort out their differences as Channel 4 HD is still in the Freesat SDT- its LCN has been changed from 126 to 0/null, rather than being removed completely. Usually when a channel leaves Freesat, all its records are removed.

In the meantime Channel 4 HD can still be tuned in via Non Freesat mode (some boxes even allow you to add it to the Freesat EPG and/or record from it). Channel 4 SD remains as normal.

I think it's absolutely outrageous that a channel that is owned by the British public has done this though. Channel 4 accounts show that they last made £995 million in profit and paid there outgoing CEO 1 million pounds, yet they claim they can't afford £40,000 to keep the channel on Freesat; this is copper down the sofa for channel 4.

The dispute is because Freesat is putting up its fees for HD channels, yet (out of spite IMO), they have removed the SD channels 4Music and the Box channels as well as All4 that aren't affected by the new pricing structure.

I myself am primarily a VM customer, but recognise that many people are not lucky enough to be able to afford pay TV and/or cannot receive the Freeview service (which is the primary purpose of Freesat).

I urge anyone who feels that this decision is wrong to contact their MP as I have done. You can find your local MP and their email details here:

http://www.parliament.uk/mps-lords-and-offices/mps/

---------- Post added at 20:56 ---------- Previous post was at 20:28 ----------

Technical changes suggest that both the HD and SD versions of TRT World will be starting on channel 215.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 22-02-2018 at 21:27.
RichardCoulter is online now   Reply With Quote