Thread: please help!
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2009, 13:59   #1
chow
Inactive

chow is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry please help!

Hi all, hope you can help as im getting serious grief off the kids!
i had a linkys wrt 54 gl router which has worked great, however last week we had a new modem fitted with the new 10mb free upgrade, tried to use the router and it would not connect to the internet, tried going through the complete set up again using the cd rom etc, still no luck when you got to the stage where the router tried to configure itself it just kept saying no internet connection available tried linkys customer support, no luck, they couldnt sort despite costing me a fortune in phone bills, i suspected the router had developed a fault ,... as it happened a mate had a brand new router same model, so i bought it off him , tried again with the new router,..yeah you guessed same problem exactly!!!
Im a bit reluctant to spend a fortune with linkys again if i can help it so id thougt id ask you boffins first ,could it be this router is not compatable with the new virgin router? or is there some reset neede my PC? any help will be very gratefully received,
PS the internet connection is perfect if you disconnect the router and plug the cable from the modem directly into the PC
chow is offline   Reply With Quote